Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Year of Exciting Adventures


Photo from Villa Escudero website

By Alon Calinao Dy: It was one of the best days of my life, spending quality time with my wife's family and her close relatives, happened at Villa Escudero in the province of Quezon. It is considered as one of the tourist attractions in the region and beautiful place to hang out with my family during summer. I am sure most children will love this place. It is for the family.



This food gathering for the guests of the resort was a unique way to experience and enjoy the beauty of nature, which I was able to hear the splash of water coming from the falls, and the singing birds that made pleasant sounds during my meal. The unlimited eat-all-you-can buffet started at 9 in the morning and closed at 12 noon.


Daddy Greg and Mommy Pearl



Ate Jhen with her son Gavin and niece Jem-Jem, enjoying the carabao ride

Family Picture

After I explored around the waterfall restaurant, gardens, museum, and other areas of the resort, I enjoyed the cultural show and a boat ride.

Folk dances of the Philippines

Boat Experience

At the beginning, me and my wife, were exhausted from paddling since we didn't know the right direction to go through. We laughed so hard as we bumped to another boat rider. I truly enjoyed riding bamboo raft and small fishes in the lake.



Baguio City!

After this, we went to the "Summer Capital" of the Philippines, which is Baguio City. Because of its cool climate, I adored the environment. I bought some fresh fruits such as strawberries, mangoes, pears, grapes, pomegranates, oranges, apples, and bananas at the public market.



Me & My Wife


SM Baguio City


Congratulations to Filipino Migrant Writers' Society!

Last month, we finally finished our book project entitled "Anthology of Filipino Migrants in Kuwait." We are not only excited, but this is the first Filipino group in Kuwait who made the book successful. I am deeply honored to meet these talented Filipino writers (Kathleen Luntao, Joel Santos, Expedito Osorio, Joone Ceazar Lacar Manayan, Roy Lardaus, Hermie Gernalie).

It all started with a dream to publish a poetry book, but now this dream comes into reality. In our book, it helps readers relate to the current situation of expats in Kuwait and around the world. This wonderful book is available online at www.lulu.com/spotlight/filipinomigrantwriterssociety


Overall, this is a year of exciting adventures for me. Although I haven't tried other amazing places in the Philippines, I will be back to share some of my escapades. My advice is simple: Do what makes you happy. Enjoy life and always be positive!














No comments:

Post a Comment