Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ate Lydia

Photos were taken from Lydia's facebook

By Alon Calinao Dy: Back in 2010, I worked as a staff nurse at International Medical Center (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia). I had an opportunity to meet a few wonderful people. One of those was Ate Lydia. She was my senior nurse. I really admired her because she always listened to me whenever I have problems. She was smart, funny and down to earth person. I was happy because she was one of my close friends who truly inspired me to do better things at work. She was like a mother to me. Even if I got mad at her, she would understand and talk to me calmly with a friendly smile on her face.

I remember one time when I felt depressed because I fought with someone else. As a friend, a sister and a mother, she helped me with my problems. She would always be there for me and offered me good advice. From that time onwards, I learned to forgive and understand other people. I learned the true value of a friendship. I learned to have a compassionate ear for others. I learned many important lessons in life because of her. Although I worked only there over a short period of time, because I got a better job offer in another hospital, I treasured the moments I was with Ate Lydia.



Now, I'm confident that she will continue to help other nurses who need a motherly advice. It's my belief that we need someone as Ate Lydia who is positive in every aspect of life. I think a warm and friendly environment is possible if everyone has a positive outlook in life. The reason why I'm saying this is because I see many people who are pessimistic. Without even trying, they see things in a negative way that would say, "No, you can't do it!"

I think everywhere you go, there are these kinds of people. All you have to do is to show the good side of you and live a positive life around negative people. I think that's the best thing you can do, for it will not create a solution if you respond with the same unwanted behavior. But, of course, we are only humans. So, everything has its own limits.

If you think you need some time to cool off, don't hesitate to do so. Don't shoulder all your burdens alone. During this time, you need people who can sort out your problems. The best people I can think of are your parents. I'm sure they would want the best for you. Other best option also is to have a friend like Ate Lydia. You need a friend who would understand and bring out the best of you, not the other way round. Therefore, choose your friends carefully, because not all people have positive perspectives in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment