Thursday, June 12, 2014

Kuwait

By Alon Calinao Dy: Kuwait, officially known as The State of Kuwait, is a small, rich, and wonderful country in the Middle East. It is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system of government. It is also believed as the 11th richest country in the world per capita.

Here are some of my pictures in Kuwait. These photos are intended to familiarize people with new surroundings in the country.
This is where I work at Chest Diseases Hospital (formerly known as Kuwait Heart Center) in Sabah Region, a specialized health care facility that treats patients with cardiovascular diseases.
Inside catheterization laboratory, an area of my expertise.
A photo of two Kuwaiti teenagers at the Marina Mall in Salmiya, Kuwait.
This is a loving portrait of an Indian family that reminds me of my own.
My friends during our seminar at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Restaurant in Farwaniya, Kuwait.
This is our Hostel Caretaker. We called him “Baba,” a term in Arabic, which means father.
This is my picture, enjoying the warmth of the sun outside the Geant Mall.
This basketball court is near the Catholic Church alongside the ocean. Once a week, I visit this place to play basketball.
A Catholic Church/kanisa in Kuwait City where I usually attend mass every Friday.
A huge statue of Blessed Virgin Mary, a mother of Jesus Christ, within the Catholic Church Cathedral.
This is a Sri Lankan Catholic Festival. They offer their food products at a low price during this special occasion.
Kuwait City is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the taste of ice cream.
Of course, The Liberation Tower, symbolizing Kuwait’s freedom from Iraq. Everyone loves to take a photo from this structure because of its magnificent history.
This is my group called Filipino Migrant Writers' Society, a literary migrant writers’ guild in Kuwait.
A lovely couple, Mr. & Mrs. Sherwin Lim, eating their dinner at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Restaurant in Farwaniya, Kuwait.


No comments:

Post a Comment