Friday, June 6, 2014

Stop Government Corruption in the Philippines




By Alon Calinao Dy: In the midst of political and economic instability in the Philippines, corruption is a huge problem for all Filipinos. If "Action is louder than voice," then I admire Senator TG Guingona when he said that there is one battle that we all need to do, and that is to restore the public trust.

Many Filipinos have distrusted most elected public officials in the country because of corruption. Even though there is enough evidence, the allegedly corrupt can still maneuver  and twist the truth. With this Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) scam, it unleashes the evil deeds of some well-known politicians, who I had a lot of respect beforehand.   

I have been thinking about what is really the true meaning of the saying "You are innocent until proven guilty." But I think the countries in the Middle East are other way round. If we are going to apply the laws there, maybe most of our government officials will be proven guilty and imprisoned. 

It is very hard to determine who is telling the truth, for everyone who is involved has a clear conscience, as they say. I am frustrated because life in the Philippines is not that easy. Prices of all the commodities are increasing, but the wages of common people are still the same. I am losing faith and hope for the betterment of our political system. I believe it is one of the causes of corruption in the country. 

I feel the urge of cursing these allegedly people, but i will leave everything to God. Whoever is responsible must be punished, to show that no one is above the law. It is sad, really sad to know that many of my countrymen are living in poverty, while other corrupt officials are living in the royal palaces.

I do not know if these people can peacefully sleep at night, knowing that they already spent billion of pesos from people's taxes. Personally, I don't tolerate such evil deeds. I do not think they will bring all these things in heaven. And though it hurts me so much to see a rampant corruption in my motherland, I still pray and believe that at some point there will be a positive change. I mean, our government and people should address the need for political change.

Once again, let us all join hands and work together for stability and prosperity in the Philippines!






No comments:

Post a Comment