Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Showbiz Politicians: Are They Corrupt or Not?


By Alon Calinao Dy: When I was a child, I truly admired those movie action stars because they were great heroes who always fought evil people around them. I had a deep respect for them since they understood the situations of the poor people. They even engaged in a bloody battle if wicked and corrupt people oppressed the needy ones. I remember the most admirable trait was their life principles who would not accept any bribes from organized crime groups.

Well now, I am laughing. Hahahaha. I could still recall this famous line in one Filipino movie.

"SABIHIN MO SA AMO MO, 'WAG SYA PAKAKASIGURO AT GAGAWA NG MALI, KAHIT SA IMPYERNO PA SYA MAGTAGO, SUSUNDAN KO SYA."

Really? I wish this is true. Look around the current situations of the Philippines or the reality of the world, what do you see? Do you think good people are powerful than evil ones? Well, I don't think so. I know that there are still some showbiz personalities who try and do their jobs very well. I don't say that they are all corrupt people. However, I feel bad about those showbiz politicians who damage their reputation because of money and temptation to stay in power. Once it has stains, I guess no bleach powder can remove the marks.

Another thing that makes me giggle is the number of Filipino bashers. Is this really us? I read so many comments from many Filipinos who criticize others harsly. Hahahaha. Is that the right to freedom of expression? STUPID. It's funny because people become too judgemental to their brothers and sisters. It's absolutely wrong if people quickly accuse others even though they don't know the whole story of the situation. I have a question, do people know how to say sorry for those charged with a crime but not proven guilty? Of course, we don't perceive the feelings of innocent people because we think we're totally different from them. Is that the truth? Let me be the one to teach you how to say 'I AM SORRY' for those who are innocent people.

But I strongly condemn evil things. I don't say I am a holy person, but let's make things right. This is my message for those corrupt politicians who persistently deny all the allegations despite the fact that there are lots of evidence. 

CONFESS NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING. IT IS NOT EVEN YOUR GOD. IT CAN'T AND WILL NEVER BUY YOU HAPPINESS. IF YOU HAVE CLEAN CONSCIENCE IN YOUR HEARTS, I BELIEVE CHANGE IS INEVITABLE. YOU CAN STILL CHANGE IF YOU WANT TO. BELIEVE IN GOD NOT TO THE TEMPTATION OF THE WORLD!

Once people are all alone, they admit everything about their wrongdoings and ask for forgiveness to our Lord. I am not a preacher, but I am aware that true repentance always starts from the people you have committed mistakes and God eventually saves everyone. I think if these people have pure intentions to help others, then that's the kind of leaders we all want to have for our people.

I don't hate Filipino bashers, but I pity them. Their mouths come first before their minds. They have always negative things to say and I don't think it's helpful for others. I understand that everyone wants the best in our country, but others just add damages to our situations today. Why don't we look the brighter side of life as the name of this blog than being sour losers?

Although it is alright to express our thoughts and feelings, let's be responsible people. People who are against corruption should carefully look at the mirror and examine themselves for a while. Ask yourselves this question, Am I really a candid person who would not steal or deceive the money intended to help the poor, or are we just like some corrupt showbiz personalities as others would say?

Let's change the notion that Filipinos are naturally born philosophers. What people often think are not useful anymore but actually makes a bad situation worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment