Sunday, September 21, 2014

Carmel of Our Lady of Nazareth

By Alon Calinao Dy: After a few days Typhoon Mario devastated major parts in Metro Manila and other areas in Nueva Ecija, I traveled to the Carmel of Our Lady of Nazareth that was founded by His eminence Rufino Cardinal Santos in 1983 in Cabanatuan City in the province of Nueva Ecija, Philippines.






I went to this church many times earlier; I was so happy because the clergy, Fr. Joey, who currently teaches in Maria Asumpta Seminary, was an excellent preacher. He always inspired his listeners with his good voice tone and homilies. In fact, I brought my whole family to attend to the holy eucharist every Sunday at 4:30pm whenever he was the one who conducted the ceremony.

On September 21, his sermons were all about love and discouragement of jealousy towards your neighbors. He said not to compare yourself from other people because it can lead to bad rivalry. 

He added, "Being an envious individual does not mean to hurt the person physically but also creates a story that is fictitious. People should be contented for what they have in life and avoid destroying other people's reputations." 





After the holy mass, I saw him talking to everyone and I approached him. He was kind and we had a little conversation. I even told him a little bit about myself that I graduated from a minor seminary in Borongan, Eastern Samar. Thereafter, he wished me luck and smiled at me.

Nowadays, many people who reside in Nueva Ecija are uninformed about the exact location of this place. FYI, this spot is located along the main road, but it is a walking distance going inside the small route to reach the shrine that can easily be seen if you have an informant. I therefore encourage everyone to come and visit the Carmel of Our Lady of Nazareth church if you are not busy and have enough time. 


Praying for a blessed Sunday for all of you!





No comments:

Post a Comment