Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Meet My Niece, Jairah Calinao

By Alon Calinao Dy: I am so happy today to watch the pictures of my beautiful niece Jairah on Facebook. She is so pretty. My heart is full of joy because she is healthy. She is the daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Jaren Calinao.


Photo courtesy of Jairah Calinao on Facebook





Facebook photo of Jairah with my grandma Soledad


Facebook photo of Jairah with her dad and my cousin Jaren Calinao


Agoy-Agoy and Calinao Families originally came from a Spanish blood. But Calinao Family originated from the province of Capiz, where the Spaniards ruled over 300 years, and who brought Christianity to the land.



Photo taken last Dec. 2012. My lovely two cousins and her son

Aside from Jairah, I can't wait to meet my handsome nephews Tovie, Jacob, Bill and gorgeous nieces Kenzie, Gab-Gab. I am sure I would be having a nosebleed after an informal talk with them in English. They are next in line to be added to our kinsfolk tree. Indeed, I'm so happy for you guys and we are so proud to have you. "Go forth and multiply" as my late Chinese grandfather always said when he was still alive. Hehehe.



Photo taken on December 2012. I was with my Grandma Pacencia Paglinawan Abenis Dy

I lived with my grandma when I was a kid. She raised me so well. In fact, all my cousins who now reside in the US are very fortunate to have her in our life. Without her endless support and love while our parents were away from their homes, I suppose we would never be well-off these days.

I am truly blessed to have Mama Loyan, Papa Loyan, Nanay Soling, and Tatay Teddy. These are the names I usually called my grandparents. They really took good care of us and considered us as their own children. I think I believe in the saying that grandparents love their grandkids more than their own children. I can't say this is true for everyone, but it is a big YES for us.