Sunday, January 11, 2015

I Think I Upset The Toad

By Alon Calinao Dy: Frogs and toads are called amphibians. It comes from a Greek word "amphibian" which means two-lives since they are both fertilized in the water, and in later life they live in the land.

I caught this huge toad in the backyard while I was watering my plants. I noticed that it was under a large rock, hiding from the light beams of the sun. I figured that it was really a good time to get a photo; so, I did.

Days afterward, I returned to the place where I found it, but I was disappointed to spot the huge toad. I have come to understand that our life is constantly moving forward. I was thinking, perhaps, the toad became upset when I took a photo. That's why this cold-blooded animal ran off from me.

The life of a frog or toad is similar to a human being. The toad knows that life is short to think about all the troubles in this world. The toad helps me see that life is better if you look at the bright side of life, and that there are many places out there that will make me happy.

The toad is constantly looking for a safer place to live. The frog is searching for happiness. That is why it is always moving from one place to another because the toad believes that one day a good fortune is easy to achieve if you really aim for it.


Photo grabbed from www.frog-life-cycle.com