Sunday, February 22, 2015

Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For You?

By Alon Calinao Dy: Some of my friends are asking me if drinking apple cider vinegar is healthy or not. A big Yes. It is beneficial for your health if you want to detoxify toxins in your body.


Dozens of studies suggest that drinking 1-2 tablespoon a day before breakfast can lower blood sugar level.  

Just like eating extra virgin olive oil, I think it can help curb your body glucose a little bit through the aid of quick digestion because it has an apple fiber pectin, a powerful antioxidant compound that reduces your hunger levels and controls weight gain.

I normally put a tablespoon of apple cider in a warm glass of water every morning 15-30 minutes before my breakfast. Don't drink a tablespoon directly into your mouth because it may hurt your tummy.

Select raw/unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the mother, usually the brand name is Bragg. The problem I have with apple cider is the smell. I don't like the scent every time I open and put it into my drinking water.

Nevertheless, people who have diabetes should consult first with their attending physician. Most of us know that diabetic person has the problem of maintaining their blood sugar within the normal level. To be safe, talk to your doctor.

If you want to improve your general health, it is better to live a sound lifestyle. Stay away from drinking too much alcohol or smoking packs of cigarette, but rather initiate a regular exercise, healthy diet, and enough sleep. 

I admit it is hard for me to have a 6 to 8 hours of sleep each day. Therefore, I must say I am not a healthy person since sleep is actually an important component of overall health. 

Now you know that drinking a tablespoon of organic apple cider into a glass of water is a healthy way for you, incorporate some other healthy activities as I brought up above.