Monday, March 14, 2016

Acupuncture Treats My Chronic Cough

By Alon Calinao Dy: I have this chronic cough for many years due to some allergies and mild asthma. I took many different antihistamine drugs for my allergy problems & persistent hacking cough as recommended by the physicians that I all visited.


Me & Jap Weiguan

SM North EDSA, Quezon City

I underwent examinations like X-ray and CT Scan, but everything went fine. I also did an spirometry test, a lung function test, which suggested that I had a mild asthma. Thus, the doctor had given me a metered dose inhaler for treatment of mild asthma. But after a month of usage, I still had a constant cough. My cough did not go away. 

As a nurse, I did my research. I was aware that in order to treat well a certain condition, I should treat the underlying causes of disease. The spirometry test, also called pulmonary function test, showed that I had a mild asthma. I had to deal and accept it no matter how I take good care of myself by eating healthy food and doing regular exercise. A time will come that everyone can be susceptible to diseases. We are only human whose body parts become weakened in our later lives.

I discovered the healthy benefits of acupuncture. Yes, a viable alternative for treating health problems. Instead of taking medications that have adverse reactions, why some doctors don't recommend doing an acupuncture treatment? It has proven safe and effective for people with allergies and asthma.

Acupuncture has many benefits in our bodies. It can treat the symptoms of cough, runny or stuffy nose, sinus infections, wheezing, blocked ear, headaches, and other cause of your allergies. I realize based on my personal experience that antihistamine drugs work well over a short period of time and not actually good for your health. 

The truth is that an overdose on antihistamines can create serious problems including drowsiness while driving a car, blurred vision, dilated pupils, racing heart, tinnitus or ringing of ears, irregular muscle movements, and can trigger severe allergies. I think antihistamines don't have much more beneficial effect. 

I stopped taking antihistamines. I underwent an acupuncture treatment last February 28, 2016. I COULD NOT BELIEVE the amazing result it has on me. With only one session with acupuncturist named Mark Allan de Leon, also known as Jap Weiguan at Visma Massage & accutherapy in SM North EDSA, Quezon City, my persistent cough that I carried for many years had suddenly gone. I don't know... I still can't believe right now that this thing happened to me. 

I really endorse this acupunture treatment for allergy sufferers. The price of doing this treament is affordable compared to the medicines you're buying in any medical stores and pharmacies. One can have an acupuncture therapy on less than 1000 pesos per session.

Acupuncture is effective in the treatment of allergies and boosts immune system in our bodies. It has been used for centuries and an ancient practice of Chinese of inserting very thin needles in specific points on the body to treat various physical, mental, and emotional conditions. It also helps to relieve chest congestion, respiratory illness, and chronic pain. The possible side effects are soreness, minor bleeding, and bruising at the needle sites.

I've learned the benefits of acupuncture treatment. Allergies and asthma are common conditions in the world today. It is a common belief that these conditions can be cured. I don't believe this! By using acupuncture treatment performed by an experienced and well-trained practitioner, symptoms can be reduced to a greater extent by accessing some pressure points in the body. 

Photo credit: Five Points (Acupuncture and Wellness)

No comments:

Post a Comment