Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Look Who is Blogging



By Alon Calinao Dy: I read some comments on my friend's Facebook timeline about this blogger who thought of herself as a "great writer" bashing neophyte bloggers with their bad grammar in English. 

WTF! I don't think you're that great if you think you are. I hate people who judge other people if you think they aren't as good as you. I guess you might be happy for a day, a month, or a year after you bashed those new bloggers you mentioned. But after that, I think you'll realize that you'll not be able to maintain your happiness levels as you always try to compare yourself with others. 

For this blogger, I'm not trying to offend you. I just want to help you to be kind and friendly with other bloggers even if they are not as smart, rich, educated and accomplished as you. 

Perhaps, you are a famous blogger because you have graduated from a good and expensive university, attended blogger conferences and events, and have a huge number of social media followers, but this does not exempt you from treating everyone fairly with respect. 

Perhaps, you've earned a Master's Degree in English or spoken English exactly like a native speaker. Maybe, you are very successful at what you do for the living. And yes, you've got everything. But what is lacking in you is a POSITIVE ATTITUDE. 

I'm not trying to be good in front of everyone. I just don't want people judge novice bloggers by the way they write and express themselves as everyone starts from scratch. If you think you are really good at something, try to share your knowledge. Instead of attacking your fellow bloggers, as intelligent beings, why don't you put yourself in their shoes? 

I tried to avoid making comments on your post for I don't want to hurt or offend you. Also, I don't have a right to judge you because I only know you in a social media world. The point is, if you don't stop posting negative comments now many people will be easily offended.

I hope we remain friends on Facebook after you read this blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment