Saturday, June 28, 2014

Poem: Fear By Madison Murphy

By Alon Calinao Dy:  All people has their own fear, I just don't know what it is, but I am certain that anybody has it. We sometimes don't admit it to ourselves, because for us it is a sign of weakness. I come across with the poem of Madison Murphy, and I see this poem as a fascinating one on how she described her own fear. It is herself - fear of becoming a monster. In my own understanding, she feared to hurt others. As long as it was possible, she didn't want to hurt the feelings of other people. She couldn't stand the fact that her fear would overwhelm her. I love this poem since it clearly stated in this piece that people should be careful of her dark side. That was the fear of the author here. 

My greatest fear is the only thing I can truly be afraid of.
Myself.
I am afraid of the person I have been.
The person I am.
And the person I will become.
I am afraid to truly understand who I am, because I know that I am fear itself.
I am what people see in their nightmares.
I am that monster, that they hide from in the dark.
I am that demon, that pray to leave them.
I am Fear itself.
--Madison Murphy

If you want to read more her poems. Visit at http://allpoetry.com/poem/11533892-My-Fear-by-Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment