Sunday, June 15, 2014

Uncle Johnny

Photo was taken from Johnny's facebook

By Alon Calinao Dy: My uncle Johnny "John" for short is a very simple and loving person to his family. Actually he helped me many times before, and encouraged me to do my best at school when I was a college student then.

He is one of my uncles that I truly honor and I see the resemblance of my late grandfather Teodoro Calinao Sr. in him in terms of attitude, hardwork and many aspects of good qualities of an honorable person. Yes, I have a big respect for him not because he helped me in so many ways before, but he has great concerns for the welfare of other people, too.

One example for this, I remember when Super Typhoon Haiyan devastated the whole regions of Visayas, particularly Tacloban City, he was one of many generous people around the globe who donated some portions of his hard earned money to the Yolanda victims.

I don't simple admire him for such heroic deeds, but I  am so proud that he is my uncle, a brother of my mother, and what I see is a person who has a golden heart towards his neighbors. He always helps people without expectation or thinking in return.

Happy Father's Day, cle!

No comments:

Post a Comment