Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Water Adventures in Minalungao, Stone 8 and 8 Waves Waterpark

Minalungao National Park




By Alon Calinao Dy: You have probably heard about Minalungao in Jessica Soho's report in GMA 7 as the "Enchanted place" based on the stories from ancient people who lived this place many years ago. Until now, some local residents never believe this myth. They said that most victims who died from drowning-related incidents were alcoholic drinkers. 

The folk tale was all about a beautiful mermaid who was always fascinated for attractive men. According to an old story, each year, someone had to die as an offering and sacrifice to this goddess. Male visitors were usually the easy targets in Minalungao.

I visited this place last month. Unfortunately, I did not catch the attention of a pretty siren. In other words, I was not her type and was not considered attractive .Hehehe just kidding. 

I did not actually swim because I was in a hurry at that time. I only took pictures. But if I have a chance in another visit, I would love to experience the crystal clear water in my body. I am sure I would enjoy the fresh water.

What's more interesting is that there are many cottages around the place, and you can rent one of those for your family to fully enjoy the unfathomable river.

Stone 8 Resort




This is a fascinating hideout I would always remember for the rest of my life. I thank God I did not miss the natural rivers that surrounded the spa. The running water came at the top of the mountains. I would certainly recommend this mystical resort to everyone who loves to unwind. This place continues to captivate the hearts of many adventurous travellers.

                     8 Waves






Aside from the artificial waves in the resort, the good thing is, bringing food items is allowed inside the waterpark. The pool entrance and cottage rates are affordable for the guests who have limited budgets like us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment