Friday, September 26, 2014

The Sacred Black Nazarene in Quiapo, Manila

By Alon Calinao Dy: Every year, thousands of Filipino devotees attend to the feast of the Black Nazarene that is celebrated every January 9 of the year. They believe that the sacred statue of the Nazarene will transform their lives and make their dreams come true. That is why more and more fanatics want to touch the Black Nazarene during this celebration because there is something mystery of it.




Whether you believe it or not, believing in God means a good affair. It simply suggests that people welcome Jesus in their lives. They have a strong religious belief that God will answer all their prayers, hopes, and dreams in life, which I think will come true.

Perhaps, these faithful ones have witnessed how the Black Nazarene had helped them in so many ways. Some would even believe that the holy Nazarene healed a bunch of people in their various ailments. 


 The popular statue of Black Nazarene was introduced by a group of Augustinian friars on May 31, 1606

I recall when I was a newly graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at the St. Jude College in Manila, I dreamed about the Black Nazarene. It was clear in my head that I saw the Black Jesus and I was all alone in His temple. As He approached me, I was so frightened.

I also shared a similar experience with my wife's sister named Michelle. What was the meaning of our dreams? 
Why did I picture Jesus in black image?

Until today, it is still a big mystery for us. I want someone to explain what is the implication of a black Jesus. That is why I believe in this world, there are many mysteries that science cannot fully explain.

I have been utilizing the social media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc., to connect with people who have the devotion to the Black Nazarene, both here in the Philippines and other parts of the world.


Please Remember


No matter where you are, it is up to you if you trust in God, especially to the Black Nazarene. But if you do, be grateful each day for all the things that God had given you. Don't forget to say thank you and smile.


Thanks and God Bless everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment