Saturday, December 13, 2014

Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight is Set on May 2, 2015



By Alon Calinao Dy: Mark your calendar for the upcoming fight between Mayweather Jr., and Pacquiao on May 2, 2015. The two pound-for-pound kings are going to face each other after Mayweather agreed to fight Pacquiao during a recent Showtime interview in San Antonio on his desired date.

I'm sure everyone has been awaiting for this mega-bout and now my prediction is coming true. Mayweather, once again, put a blame to Pacquiao's Promoter Bob Arum why the battle did not happen long time ago. He further added that the Showtime network is the best means to promote this biggest fight.

I don't care any longer whether it's Showtime or HBO network just as long as the mega-fight is certain. To me, a true pound-for-pound king does not add fuel to the flames and is willing to make the fight happen no matter what. A fighter who is true to his words with no more excuses.

Now I am actually happy to know that Mayweather calls out Pacquiao. This simply means that he really wants to fight the Filipino congressman. Although this much-awaited fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao is the battle of the ages, I nevertheless think that this is the richest boxing competition of all time. I'm sure my parents in Vegas are excited about the latest news in boxing. So enjoy.



Who is a true pound-for-pound king?




According to veteran boxers Ricky Hatton and Juan Manuel Marquez and former sparring partner Amir Khan, Mayweather is going to win the match against Pacquiao. He is a heavy favorite boxer than Pacman. 

Mayweather and Pacquiao are not exactly in their primes, but I'm sure this fight is going to end the saga between the two best boxers in this era. I'm going to predict that Pacquiao is better than Mayweather and I believe he's going to dominate in this competition.

I'm afraid of only one thing if Pacquiao won't knock Mayweather out, the judges would pick Mayweather over Pacquiao on the scorecards.