Saturday, June 20, 2015

How To Get A Police Clearance at Quezon City Hall

By Alon Calinao Dy: The last time I got my police clearance was 8 years ago after I graduated as a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at St. Jude College in Manila for employment purposes. It was difficult to get a police clearance since it was not well-organized back then.

On June 17, 2015, I visited Quezon City Hall to bring back old memories and see if there are now changes on how to get a police clearance. These are the basic requirements you need to comply for processing your police clearance:


Police Clearance Certificate

Police Clearance ID


  • A photocopy of any valid ID with Quezon City address on it
  • 250 pesos (local) and 350 pesos (travel abroad) for fees
  • A pen
  • Alcohol and tissue paper after having your fingerprints or you can just buy a wet wipes that only costs 5 pesos at the side of the counter

I spotted Mr. Euler Quilang who helped people who do not understand the right way of getting a police clearance. It was nice to know that there is still good person who is not tired of helping applicants. 

Photo of Euler Quilang at Quezon City Hall
Mr. Quilang got my attention when he assisted an old woman and a young lady that seemed their very first time to get a police clearance. 

I approached Mr. Quilang and asked him if he's doing this for free even without any presents from the applicants. He said that helping people is his big payday. He then asked me if I know some people who need his assistance, perhaps, he can guide them. 

I told Mr. Quilang that the best way to do this is to write a blog. With his permission, I took his photo. Just in case you do not know the proper procedure to get a police clearance, you can look for him. He can be found at the Quezon City Hall in front of Red Cross. He is willing to help anyone without money involved. 

I'd like to give an advice for those applicants to come in the afternoon to avoid a long queue. Actually, getting a police clearance is easy, you just have to follow some steps. Just a reminder, be sure you have a valid ID with QC address on it. 

Perhaps, you would encounter some fixers in the area. Don't deal with them. Like what I said, you would not be spending more than 350 pesos in getting a police clearance. And after the releasing, don't forget to double check everything including the spelling of your name and correct address. You should be able to receive a police clearance certificate with an ID that is valid for a year.



No comments:

Post a Comment