Friday, July 3, 2015

Do You Have A Facebook Addiction Disorder?

By Alon Calinao Dy: I recommend evaluating yourself if you encounter this kind of disorder, but let someone close to you, tell you if you really experience it. I never thought that I have this problem until my wife yelled at me, "adik ka na sa Facebook."

My first reaction after learning this is denial. I admit that my day is incomplete if I couldn't browse or scroll my Facebook account, posting my articles online. I usually spend more time on Facebook.

I believe that Facebook Addiction Disorder (FAD) is a serious problem that calls for an immediate treatment just like any other diseases. It is a real condition that needs a resolution. Acknowledgment is important to figure out the problem.

I am aware that I spend many hours on Facebook, but I have to do something to minimize my addiction to the net world. My fear about social media is the isolation of myself from the real world. I think If you need someone's assistance, don't be ashamed to call for HELP.

Now, I let my wife remind me all the time. The first remedy for this is to reduce the Facebook use before cessation. Be honest and be truthful about yourself. I admit I gained pleasure from using social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., as it's a like a drug of choice of internet users.

Just like any other addiction, I know the treatment is not easy for internet users. Again, don't forget to acknowledge your problem. If Facebook or other social media networks consume a lot of your time, especially your work, it is better to limit yourself and need to minimize your exposure to the internet world.


No comments:

Post a Comment