Monday, June 8, 2015

Reasons Why I Support Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte

By Alon Calinao Dy: I never thought that there is a brave man named Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, who would give hope to the poor people when rampant corruption seems hopeless and no cure. Perhaps, we have heard about Duterte being a hero who persecutes outlaws in order to maintain peace and order in Davao City.

Mayor Duterte got my respect with his tough insights and positive personality for our country. It is not all about the killings, but we need a proper discipline for every Filipino. I suppose if you fear God, you would not commit heinous crimes. 

Not everything can be resolved through prayer alone but we must do something to make it real. Mayor Duterte made it clear that "If you are doing an illegal activity in my city, If you are a criminal, or part of a syndicate that preys on the innocent people of the city, for as long as I am the mayor, you are a legitimate target of assassination."

I don't promote violence or killing, but I would rather want to see Filipinos respect each other and respect the lives of other people. I am not from Davao City, but I do appreciate the place as the home of the law-abiding citizens. That's why Davao City is the 9th safest place in the world.

Discipline is what our country needs right now. Mayor Duterte is a disciplinarian who has an anti-crime campaign, discouraged alcoholic beverages among minors, implemented a curfew, and arranged all the shopping malls, stores, and streets to install CCTV cameras.

Last week, I read the news about a businesswoman who was killed in the street near her house because of robbery. According to the report, the woman refused to give her bag that contained a huge amount of money when a petty criminal tried to grab it. Because she fought back, the assailant fired two shots to the head of the victim that instantly killed her.

It is sad to say that not all of us have the full support of the woman. Remember, the woman was a victim here. Instead of helping her find the gunman, I read the harsh comments from our kababayans na bakit daw lumaban pa eh sana buhay pa sya ngayon, pinagpalit mo ang buhay mo sa pera, and the worst comment I read, ikaw ay isang tanga bakit lumaban ka pa. It is very sad because we are not helping the situation. It seems we are afraid to die for what is right. Is this the way we think today? we keep our mouth closed and fear criminals instead of them, fearing our laws.

Mayor Duterte once said, " I do not care if I burn in hell for as long as the people I serve live in paradise." The tough-talking mayor wants to have a good discipline for everyone since it is important to avoid any sort of crimes. 

Yes, I am one of the thousands of supporters of Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, who believes that he can stop corruption and fight criminal activities. We must help each other to bring a better change for our country. As what I keep on saying, the real change starts with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment