Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Apology Accepted, Mr. Alren Jerome Beronio

By Alon Calinao Dy: This morning, someone posted my name in social media blaming me for something I didn't do. But you know what, instead of making a violent reaction, I really appreciate what Mr. Alren Jerome Beronio did, who is a head photojournalist of Borongan Catholic TV13. 


Screenshot photo on timeline

Mr. Beronio said sorry to me. Saying sorry to someone is not a sign of weakness, but it takes a lot of courage and strength to do that.

Although he misspelled my name Alcon, it is OK. It's Alon. I give you my respect for doing that. Some people tend not to apologize for their wrongdoings. But he swallows his pride and admits he made an error. I also want to say sorry if you think I have done mistakes against you. 

Yes, it is not easy to swallow pride bacause saying sorry is difficult whether you admit it or not. Don't let your pride fly high unto unreachable moon and stars. 

Like Mr. Beronio, I'd like to take this opportunity to say sorry for the people I have hurt before and caused so much pain. The mere fact that people do things unintentionally not to hurt or destroy that person, but rather try to make them better for everyone. It is hard to accept the truth that "you can't please everyone" no matter how hard you try.

Let Mr. Beronio be a reminder for all of us that people make mistakes, and I admit I make mistakes too. To feel us better about ourselves, let us say sorry. It's not a big deal when you are sincere about it.

My advice is, people need to be open and transparent. All of us go through difficult times in our lives, but you can deal with it when you swallow your pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment